The Swiss National Bank (SNB), as an independent central bank, conducts a monetary policy that serves the
interests of the country as a whole. It ensures price stability and helps to create the conditions for favourable
economic development. The Bilateral Cooperation unit is responsible for handling important bilateral activities
at the SNB.
- Coordinating the SNB’s technical support activities for other central banks;
- Cultivating the SNB’s relationships with central banks whose countries are members of the Swiss constituency
at the International Monetary Fund (IMF);
- Drafting country-specific opinions for the attention of Switzerland’s representative at the IMF;
- Preparing dossiers for the official bilateral meetings of SNB management.
This is a responsible, varied and challenging position. We offer attractive employment conditions and our offices are situated in a prime location in the heart of Zurich. Start date: from January 2018, or as agreed.
- Masters degree
- Experience: 5 years +
- Languages: French : Basic Knowledge
German : Basic KnowledgeEnglish : Speak / Write Fluently
Russian : Speak / Write Fluently
- Job-Type: open-ended
- Remuneration: unspecified
- Permit Type: EU National
- Region: Zurich
- Master’s degree, and ideally also a completed doctorate, in economics as well as several years of professional experience at a central bank and/or at the IMF (focus: international relations);
- Outstanding communication and editorial skills in English and Russian and excellent translation skills in this language pair; knowledge of German or French a plus;
- In-depth knowledge of Central Asia and international financial institutions (particularly the IMF);
- Strong people skills, independence and flexibility as well as highly developed organisational, coordination and communication skills.
The Swiss National Bank conducts the country’s monetary policy as an independent central bank.
The SNB has two head offices: one in Berne and one in Zurich.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.qual.ch/permlinks_job_senior-economist-100-swiss-national-bank-zurich_14972.html →