With more than 100 economics reporters and 25 economists worldwide, Bloomberg Economics (BE) has a unique capacity to explain where the global economy is now and where it might be heading. The team provides timely analysis of key data and economics events as they unfold around the world. BE also produces detailed projections and delivers deep insight into the themes that drive policy, financial markets and capital flows. The team offers a comprehensive research service for Bloomberg Terminal subscribers that include previews of data releases and economic events, analysis and thematic insights- as well as medium-term forecasts, country primers, daily regional briefs and a weekly call on global events.
What’s The Role
Bloomberg is seeking an Economist to cover Brazil and Argentina on the global economics research team. You will provide quick analysis of trends to a sophisticated financial audience, as well as generate forecasts and produce creative economic research which is valuable to Bloomberg clients. You will produce content about the economy, business environment and financial markets and deliver novel and compelling interpretations of economic/financial data.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in economic analysis. A combination of market and policy experience would be a plus.
- Graduate degree or equivalent in economics, international economics, MBA or related field is required.
- Strong background in macroeconomics and understanding of financial markets.
- Willingness to provide a consistent flow of high quality analysis.
- Deep understanding of the construction and implications of economic data/monetary policy/fiscal policy across the economy and global markets.
- Ability to generate content across a variety of formats and speeds, ranging from rapid responses to economic events to longer-term research into major global economic trends.
- An ability to work as part of a team is important as you will need to work with other economists on a regular basis and also – on occasion – with Bloomberg editors and economics reporters on major projects.
- Experience speaking on TV/Radio and presenting to large audiences in English preferred.
- High-level ability to use Excel and more sophisticated statistical programs to analyze and present data and generate forecasts.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese is required.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://careers.bloomberg.com/job/detail/67688?utm_medium=Bayard&utm_source →