Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
The Medical Affairs department at Gilead Sciences is currently seeking a health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) scientist to use HEOR data to discover, develop, and commercialize therapeutics to advance patient care.
Position: Associate Director, Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Medical Affairs EMEA
We will also consider individuals at Senior Manager Level with the appropriate level of experience.
Job Duties Include
- The incumbent is an experienced, well organized professional who will develop, implement and manage health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) strategies and tactics to demonstrate the value of pipeline and inline products in multiple therapeutic areas.
- Principle Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop outcomes research plans and outline strategic approach for generating required evidence and research output necessary to support Medical Plan of Action (POA) plans
- Collaborate with New Product Planning, Marketing, Medical and other functions to develop global value
- Maintain awareness of the quickly evolving global access and reimbursement landscape and the evidentiary needs of health care decision-makers to guide HEOR strategies
- Research activities can include cost-of-illness evaluations, economic evaluations in clinical trials, cost-effectiveness studies, naturalistic prospective evaluations, retrospective database analyses, patient-reported outcomes research, and decision-analytic modeling
- Provide high quality HEOR technical and methodological support to cross-functional teams to effectively use clinical, economic, and humanistic data to enhance value propositions, product reimbursement, and formulary access
- Maintain knowledge of technical and methodological advances and trends to ensure best approaches are used in HEOR studies and evaluations
- Communicate and translate HEOR value massaging effectively and creatively in manuscripts, Congresses, and appropriate communication tools for clinicians and decision makers
- Engage key clinical and HEOR experts and facilitate the building of relationships via collaboration on various projects
- Provide HEOR support at advisory boards, regional educational programs, conferences and other external meetings
- Support the development, deployment, and appropriate use of Medical Scientists field tools and resources (e.g. slide decks) and ensure correct positioning and relevant messaging in these tools to optimize access
- Adhere to all applicable pharmaceutical codes, Office of Inspector General (OIG) guidelines, and Gilead policies
- Exhibit Gilead’s core values: integrity, teamwork, accountability, and excellence
Knowledge, Experience And Skills
- Advanced scientific degree (Pharm D., M.D., D.O., Ph.D.) with solid experience in pharmaceutical industry and/or academia and/or consulting, and experience in health economics and outcomes research (HEOR)
- Strong knowledge of HEOR assessments (cost-effectiveness, budgetary impact, cost-utility analyses, prospective studies, database analysis, PRO development)
- Ability to prepare HEOR abstracts and posters for conferences and experience drafting, reviewing, and editing manuscripts
- A comprehensive understanding of European/global healthcare systems and reimbursement processes/decision-making
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills (including ability to network)
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, including management of multiple priorities and resources across multiple therapeutic areas.
- Proven track record of executing clearly defined goals and objectives
- Affinity for a collaborative, team-oriented environment and approach; ability to network and partner with internal and external stakeholders, including medical thought-leaders, academic institutions, and key health technology assessment customers
- Strong business skills/acumen; translation of scientific expertise and knowledge to achieve the identified business goals of the company.
- Resilient profile with the ability to deliver in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to engage and manage multiple stakeholders to achieve the objective
- Curious with learning agility
- Operationally excellent
- Organised with systematic approach to prioritisation
- Process orientated to achieve the business objective
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing),
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith),
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility).
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Stockley-Park/Associate-Director--Health-Economics_R0004059?&sid=132 →