The Director of International Commercial Analytics is a member of the Global Insights, Analytics & Commercial Operations (GIACO) International Leadership Team, based in Vertex' International HQ in London Paddington. The position is responsible for leading a data analytics and insights team within the International Commercial organization, delivering predictive and prescriptive insights that power activities to continuously enhance and support department/ program operations & execution against goals. This individual leads a team of employees, which may include contractors and vendors, coordinating these resources closely within the department and cross functionally to deliver against data needs to drive performance goals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Member of the GIACO International Leadership Team
- Sets vision for the role of data insights & analytics in day-to-day program operations and in driving continuous innovation
- Manages analytics & Market Research project portfolio including external budget, with a focus on initiatives core to departmental goals
- Delivers against foundational data quality and reporting capabilities core to achieving department or internal stakeholder goals
- Drives continuous improvement through exploring & linking new data sets, automating dashboards for on-demand reporting, and producing tools to help optimize and prioritize daily operations
- Leads the innovation engine to make the Commercial programs better using advanced analytics and data science, powering the innovation cycle through a test and learn experimentation process
- Leads the “International Analytics Hub”, the International Steering/Governance committee for International Analytics Roadmap & deliverables.
- Delivers foundational reporting and deep dive analyses to support cross functional commercial colleagues in understanding trends, challenges, and opportunities
- Provides leadership to employees and contractors/vendors, ensuring the team is clear on priorities, coached to exceptional performance, and can collaborate exceptionally well with cross functional partners
- Works in partnership with Finance on forecasting models and forecasts
- Champions appropriate behaviours and continuously compliant environment; role models integrity & ethics
Knowledge and Skills:
- Significant technical analytic skill set including Excel, relevant coding/programming, data warehouse, and advanced analytics/data science experience
- Experience in coaching and inspiring a team towards clear goals and hold accountable for results
- Ability to lead and influence others in diverse settings with a spirit of continuous improvement and innovation
- Highly experienced at generating insights through data and analytics
- Experience in developing and undertaking primary and secondary Market Research projects in International region, including working with Agency partners
- Skilled at working in a fast paced, evolving environment with attention to detail, committed follow-through, and highly developed judgement in making technical or business decisions
- Excellent communication skills; patient-centric and customer-service minded
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline required
Typically requires significant work experience in healthcare and/or analytics, including team leadership and significant technical data analytics/science experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.