Make a splash at Ofwat as Director of Financial Resilience!
Ofwat’s vision for the water sector in England and Wales is one where customers, the environment and wider society have trust and confidence in water and wastewater services, reflecting the vital nature of these public services. We want the companies that provide these services to be accountable to their customers for delivering the services they need and want, at a price they can afford.
Our work in the finance and governance space has strong linkages with our programme of work underpinning our next price determinations for 2020-25, “Price Review19”.
This is a new role in an important, high-profile area – we are looking for proven leader who can marry their excellent finance skills with thought-leadership.
Some of your key deliverables will include:
- To develop the strategic direction of the finance and governance work in close collaboration with the Senior Director and other directors
- To provide strong, visible leadership
- To take ownership of our work to increase focus on the robustness of companies’ assessments of their financial resilience
- To ensure Ofwat has a comprehensive up-to-date understanding of the ownership structures of the water companies.
- To engage, collaborate and build effective relationships and partnerships with key external stakeholders
- To provide strong intellectual leadership within the area of Finance and Governance, including contribution to the PR19 from September 2018
We are looking for an individual with strong credentials in leading financial analysis ideally within a regulated sector combined with a strong education background in a finance discipline and the ability to communicate in an effective manner, both written and verbal.
We offer a substantial benefits package including 25 days holiday plus 10 ½ bank holiday and privilege leave days per annum among other benefits. A truly flexible, autonomous and trust based working culture is on offer to help you succeed within Ofwat. For further information, a detailed job profile including benefits and how to apply, please visit our website http://www.ofwat.gov.uk/jobs/make-a-splash/
Please forward a CV and cover letter, including relevant experience required for this post. The cover letter should outline how your skills and experience meet the criteria set out in the requirements section of the job profile.
Closing Date: 29 April 2018.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.ofwat.gov.uk/jobs/make-a-splash/ →