At British Gas, we have one of the best-known services brands in the country (with 95% brand awareness). We have a family of door-opening brands that are the envy of many, and we’re really excited about the future.
Why? Because we’re evolving to become a truly purpose-led organisation, helping millions of customers to live more sustainably, simply, and affordably.
Of course, change like this doesn’t happen overnight. But we truly believe that we have a vital role to play in helping the nation prepare for a net zero future and supporting them through a once in a generation cost-of-living crisis.
And from a Marketing perspective, we want to be bolder, braver, and more relatable than ever before. We need to think – and act – like a true retail brand, one that’s not afraid to show up in unexpected ways in order to fundamentally change how people see us.
This is how we drive the growth we know we’re capable of.
To get where we’re going, we need a brilliant Econometrics Analyst to support analysis on the marketing effectiveness of our core Services campaigns and wider commercial activity.
- To support the Econometrics Lead to deliver effectiveness analysis across the commercial function, including but not limited to the following:
- To ensure that all marketing campaign and retention activities are performance and results driven
- To support the development of the media and campaign plans by providing the data and insights required on past performance and future expected performance across all media channels
- To drive a culture of continuous improvement by identifying opportunities where we could make improvements (e.g. allocation of spend, upweighting of some channels based on performance) and sharing these across the Commercial team
- Advise on targeting and optimisation of marketing activities to maximise customer and commercial outcomes
- Broaden the scope of the econometrics team to include analysis and recommendations to improve the effectiveness of pricing, discounting and planning activity
- Measurement of cross-sell marketing performance
- Support forecasting for marketing activity for Planning and Latest View processes
- Impact assessments
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
As an experienced analyst, you’ll have a track record of:
- Being outcome and impact driven, with a relentless focus on commercial and customer outcomes over outputs
- Solid understanding of using data and insights to drive commercial outcomes
- Experience of campaign management and tracking across the full media mix
- Reporting and analysing marketing effectiveness
- Developing and maintain econometric models, or similar to support the delivery of effective marketing campaigns
And you’ll have clear examples of:
- Working with colleagues and partners to achieve brilliant outcomes in a matrix organisation
- Customer-led thinking & creativity – passionate about the customer and meeting their needs
- Getting things done – “can do” attitude is a must
- Strong attention to detail and enthusiasm for quality and consistency
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate the following: Customer obsessed and commercially astute. You will be comfortable instigating change and collaborating across boundaries. An agile thinker who positively disrupts and demonstrates resilience. If this is you then we want to hear from you.
At Centrica we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. To build a more sustainable future, we need the best team – a team with a diverse mix of people and skills, where everyone feels welcome and able to succeed. We are dedicated in helping to close the diversity gap and would love to see more females, people of colour and LGBTQ+ employees, as well as those from a variety of cultures and ethnicity to veterans and the differently abled. Supporting diversity and inclusion is a big part of who we are, we are not looking for people to fit into our culture but to add to it!
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.