More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
NEW GROUND WON’T BREAK ITSELF.
Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals.
Grant Thornton is making major investment in the formation of Grant Thornton Economic Consulting - providing specialist economic advice across all our legal, corporate and public sector clients. Frequently working alongside colleagues from across Grant Thornton, we advise on high profile issues in all major sectors of the economy.
Our Economic Consulting team works across three markets:
- The legal market providing expert economic analysis to High Courts, International Arbitration Hearings and Competition Courts across a wide range of cases and settings
- The public sector market providing advice to Governments, regulatory agencies and related agencies on policy and financing issues
- The private sector market on a wide range of regulatory strategic and transactional issues.
In each of these markets our work requires strong econometric analysis. Given the growth of projects requiring these skills we are now looking to recruit a further Manager or Senior Manager to bolster our existing team. The scope of work you may be involved is exceptionally broad and could include estimation of complex counterfactuals, market demand forecasting, profitability analysis, estimation of default probabilities, valuation of companies, and estimation of damages alongside many other applications of econometrics.
Whilst our Economic Consulting practice is a separate operating unit that goes to market as a specialist provider, it also works closely with our market leading Financial Services Group (FSG), Public Sector Advisory (PAS) and Forensic and Investigations Services (FIS) practices. Given the nature of work in a multi-disciplinary firm, joint delivery and marketing with Directors and Partners from across the FSG, PAS and FIS practices will be a key part of this role.
We’re happy to talk flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares, we’ll support you to balance your work and life.
A look into the role
As an Econometrician within our Economic Consulting team, you will be:
- Responsible for the delivery and quality assurance of econometric work across the wide range of projects conducted across the team
- Work closely with a small team of other similarly skilled team members focused on quantitative issues
- Working alongside other Directors and Partners from Economic Consulting and other parts of the firm to co tribute to proposals and build relationships across the firms client base
- Support the development of the economic consulting practice and its team members, potentially undertaking training and people management roles to support the development of less experienced team members.
Knowing you’re right for us
Joining us as an Econometrician, the minimum criteria is experience of using econometrics across a wide range of issues. However, your experience may have been more focused on a specific use of econometrics previously and want to expand that scope. It would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don't worry if you don't tick every box, we'll help you develop along the way.
Educated to a post graduate level as an economist, holding a PhD or an MSC with a substantial econometric component.
- Whilst heavily in nature you must have the ability to explain your work to an informed but non specialist audience.
- Substantial experience obtained from working within one or more of an economics consultancy, commercial firms, Government or regulatory authority.
Knowing we’re right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you’ll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That’s why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you’re with outside of work matter, that’s why we’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you’ll be giving back to society. It’s that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what’s right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It’s how it should be.