As a member of the Econometrics team, you’ll help to drive efficiency of Sky’s marketing plans through the delivery of econometric insights.
What You'll Do
- Lead the delivery of econometric projects for Sky aligned to key business priorities
- Convert model outputs into actionable insight to drive value for Sky
- Engage with stakeholders to support the integration of findings in business decisions
- Manage junior econometricians in the team, supporting their development and coaching them to be future experts in the field
- Collaborate with wider consumer strategy colleagues to champion the reputation of the department across Sky
- Lead the development of new techniques, tools and processes to improve the efficiency and scope of the team’s work, and incorporating the latest industry thinking to ensure the team remains cutting edge
What You'll Bring
- A numerate degree such as Economics, Econometrics, Maths or Statistics.
- Experience of delivering econometrics projects with an established provider in the industry
- A passion for using advanced statistical techniques to convert observable data into actionable recommendations
- An understanding of media planning and buying and detailed knowledge of how optimisation techniques can be used to inform media planning.
- Clear understanding of the relevant tool sets to build econometric models, and advanced use of Excel to manipulate data and optimise scenarios based on model parameters.
- Self-motivated, an enthusiastic attitude and the adaptability to work in a fast paced and dynamic commercial context
- Experience mentoring junior econometricians, with a strong track record of successfully developing mentees into well rounded project contributors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills - be an articulate, positive communicator, with experience of delivering results and recommendations to impact commercial decision making.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills: ability to multitask and prioritise workload
- Experience of developing and upskilling econometrics teams to ensure that they utilise the latest tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of Python is desirable
We see the big picture across the Consumer Group; creating insight-led strategies which deliver great value for consumers and drive sustainable long-term growth for Sky
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all i one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where You'll Work
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There’s also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you’ll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, as long as we can balance your needs with those of our customers.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.