Be part of our growing Atkins Strategic Advisory team where we help our clients in the capital projects environment to deliver their big ambitions across the Middle East. Combining deep business acumen, through our Management Consulting practice, combined with the engineering expertise of Atkins, we offer seamless, end-to-end advisory services that build greater value, and ever rewarding partnerships.
Atkins Strategic Advisory services help clients achieve genuine benefits from their investment and change programmes. We advise at senior levels on complex business problems, but we also take a hands-on role, to ensure the solutions aren't just conceived, they are delivered. Our ethos is to stand side-by-side with our clients until the real-world benefits of their investment and change programmes are realised
We are currently looking for Economic Consultant candidates to join our team with experience from Capital Projects Advisory and Consulting firms, who demonstrate a real passion and interest for the infrastructure development. You will have the opportunity to support in the business within multiple sectors (both public and private) across the MEA region.
Supporting business organizations in making sound decisions by analysing economic data, including GDP, demand and supply, demographics, taxation, income, and consumption levels. This should entail providing economic, industry, statistical, and forecast information to facilitate new business development, capital investment decisions, and determination of business strategy.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Develop research studies to support the business as well as verify areas of broader business strategy.
- Analyse the business, competitive, domestic, and international economic factors to ascertain their impact on the business.
- Analyse and develop economic feasibility studies in relation to large scale infrastructure projects, with an emphasis of benefit quantification for direct and wider economic impacts.
- Develop macroeconomic forecast models using statistical methods and technologies to support the development of a demand prediction.
- Supporting long-term infrastructure planning and other special projects, candidate is responsible for preparing statistical forecasts.
- Provide support to project team and other relevant units in the interpretation and application of economic and other forward-looking information to support the project feasibility assessments and its long-term financial implications.
- Responsible for carrying out data analyses necessary for the review and validation of solutions.
- Responsible for the creation of computer-based analytic tools such as mapping programs, databases, and websites, and dashboards to provide business intelligence to users.
- Provide support to departments in the use of a core and corporate forecasting system.
- Deliver projects punctually, utilizing excellent time management skills while managing multiple responsibilities.
- Contribute to positive team culture by participating in team-building activities and being a supportive and empathetic colleague.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration and Management, or Computer and Information Sciences; Mathematical Sciences or Statistics or relevant field.
- Master’s degree or MBA in relevant field is preferred.
Professional Experience / Qualifications
- Must possess solid economics background, as well as experience in utilizing specialized business intelligence and analytics software such as SAS, SPSS and Power BI.
- 3-5 years work experience as an economic analyst
- Experience in conducting socio-economic impact assessment studies for infrastructure development projects in Middle east region
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel/Spreadsheets, Access/Database Development, PowerPoint, Share Point, and Outlook
- Experience in creation of impactful reports and presentations for key stakeholders
- Strong understanding of one or several of our key markets
- Knowledge of principles and practices of economics including statistical modelling, econometrics forecasting, research and survey sampling techniques
- Knowledge and experience in various statistical techniques with an emphasis on Input/Output Models, time series models, data analysis, and development of macro-economic forecast models.
- Knowledge of socio-economic databases, national and international policies; and regulations impacting infrastructure development.
- Ability to analyse data and deliver insightful practical solutions
- Demonstrate drive, enthusiasm and commitment to projects while projecting a professional image;
- Should possess mental ability to apply logic in identifying and Considering Alternatives to arrive at valid conclusions that will aid the organization in making sound decisions.
- Ability to innovate and apply experiences to create new value-proposition for clients and drive business development initiatives;
- Ability to make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a proactive manner with a positive attitude;
- Function confidently and professionally within client environment thereby creating a positive impact on clients’ understanding of Atkins Strategic Advisory services;
- Show flexibility in tasks and location, and deal well with ambiguity;
- Excellent communication skills – written and spoken English is essential (Arabic preferred).
Rewards And Benefits
We work in a hybrid working environment with 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM working hours, promoting work-life balance and are outcome oriented. We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive tax-free salary;
- Accommodation allowance;
- Transportation allowance;
- 22 days annual leave;
- Medical and life insurance cover;
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary bonus scheme;
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin;