Salary: £25,000-35,000 p.a. commensurate with experience
An exciting opportunity to join the business intelligence division of a specialist publishing company dedicated to serving the global building materials sector. We provide highly valued market analysis, forecasts, data and insights for this major industrial sector. Our information is delivered across print and online platforms, as well as through consultancy services to industry players, international lending institutions, banks and individual investors.
This role will require the successful candidate to develop a deep understanding of the global cement sector, focussing on the trends in consumption, production and trade of cement and related building materials. No prior knowledge of the sector is required.
In this role, you will be responsible for conducting in-depth market research and providing high-quality analysis and forecasts for the building materials sector. You will conduct primary and secondary research, build forecast models and deliver data-driven insights that will be used to inform strategic decisions for our clients.
The successful candidate will gain the opportunity to develop key economic and analytical skills, as well as the ability to translate academic theory into real-world insights.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Build up a comprehensive and expert understanding of the international cement industry’s dynamics with a view to generating key industry insights and forecast the direction of the sector.
- Understand macroeconomic trends and how they impact the sector
- Produce regular written commentary and analysis in addition to detailed industry reports
- Manage and take responsibility for the collection and publication of monthly industry data
- Monitor daily industry newsflow and prepare daily summaries, commentary and analysis detailing industry developments and how they affect industry outlook
- Update forecasting models for product supply, demand and pricing on a country-by-country basis for all countries under coverage
- Represent the company at conferences, field client queries on the reports you have authored, meet with clients
Key skills and competencies:-
- A minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification in economics or business related discipline. An MSc or other post-graduate qualification is an advantage, but not essential.
- Excellent written English and strong quantitative skills
- Strong understanding and awareness of the influence of economic factors on business and international development
- Ability to interpret data and information to develop clear, logical analysis and commentary
- Understanding of basic forecasting techniques and model-building skills
- Ability to present data using the appropriate combination of text, graphics and schematics and to communicate findings in a clear and engaging manner
- Willing to travel internationally to represent the company
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter outlining your expression of interest to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org