Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as an Economist Business and Economic Insights, Visa Performance Solutions, we want to hear from you together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Visa Consulting and Analytics (VCA) drives tangible, impactful and financial results for Visa’s network clients, including both financial services and merchants. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, data analytics, brand management, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, VCA solves the most strategic problems for our clients and underscores the value of Visa as a trusted partner in payments.
Within VCA, Visa Business and Economic Insights (VBEI) delivers actionable intelligence into the evolving global economy for Visa and Visa’s clients. The group harnesses its expertise, multiple data sources, and deep client relationships to provide cutting-edge insights into consumer spending and the payments industry to better inform business planning and management decisions. VBEI’s mandate and business scope are growing and we are looking for talented individuals to join our growing team.
We have an exciting opportunity in London for a dynamic, motivated, passionate and imaginative individual to help us retain and grow Visa’s client network in Europe and leverage Visa’s data to provide unique insights into the consumer economy.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- You will demonstrate thought leadership to senior research management by pro-actively ideating points of view and insights around the interplay between macroeconomic developments, payment industry trends, and consumer behaviour.
- You will work both autonomously and collaboratively to turn these points of view and insights into persuasive outputs that inform and compel management, senior stakeholders, and network clients to make optimal business decisions.
- You will harness the power of Visa’s unrivalled data assets, marrying with public data where appropriate, to generate original Visa insights about current conditions and future trends in the economy and the payments industry.
- You will develop and maintain PC-based econometric models, country and market segment databases to track and forecast industry trends and performance.
- You will support the Principal European Economist in designing and creating innovative publications and presentations for meetings with key merchants, issuers, and government officials.
- You will collaborate across geographies and functions (e.g., marketing, analytics, risk, business development) to support team’s projects and to provide a comprehensive Visa view to our network clients.
What we’re after…
- A passion for Fintech, and in particular payments.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advance degree desirable in economics.
- Strong econometric, statistical and analytical skills. Experience with Eviews and Tableau preferred.
- Minimum three years of progressively responsible experience in economic analysis or the payments industry.
- Self-starter with an ability to manage own priorities and adapt as required to an unstructured and fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to translate complex macroeconomic trends down to the micro level for the payments industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English; story-telling and listening skills, confidence and presence.
- Fluency in French, Spanish, or German a plus.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you we’d love to hear from you!