The Central Inspection Team of the FSMA has the task of conducting on-site inspections in connection with the following matters:
- The rules of conduct (MiFID, AssurMiFID, SME finance law, crowdfunding, …);
- The quality control of the auditors;
- Compliance with the money laundering legislation by, among others, the exchange offices;
- The applicable prudential regulation for managers of undertakings for collective investment, institutions for occupational retirement provision and investment firms that are supervised by the FSMA.
The FSMA wishes to expand its inspection team with an experienced economist, who will take part in the on-site inspections. The findings of these inspections are the subject of an audit report, which is drawn up in close consultation with the team and the hierarchy and discussed in advance with the management of the institution concerned, and the succession must be ensured.
A Master’s degree in an economic direction.
- Outspoken interest in audit work;
- Basic knowledge of the MiFID rules of conduct, the rules on insurance distribution and / or prudential matters is an asset;
- Be familiar with financial products and services;
- Basic knowledge of the ISAs is an asset.
- Being able to identify with the tasks of general interest with which the FSMA is charged;
- Interest in legal matters;
- Team spirit: ability to execute projects as a team and to coach junior employees;
- Analytical ability and sense for synthesis;
- Excellent logical structuring of oral and written communication;
- Skill to work independently and in a team;
- Adaptability and attention for interpersonal relationships;
- Goal-oriented, assertiveness and convincing argumentation power;
- Sense of dosage and proportionality;
- Professionalism: ability, correct behavior and the desire to make progress;
- Thorough knowledge of Dutch, French and English.
3 to 7 years’ experience as an auditor and / or compliance officer at an audit firm, a bank, an investment firm or an insurance company is an asset.
Every employee of the FSMA is subject to a strict code of ethics and bound by professional secrecy .
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.fsma.be/nl/job/economist-voor-de-dienst-centraal-inspectieteam →