Technopolis Group is recruiting for our growing energy and green economy team in the UK.
We are an international research and consulting organisation with offices throughout Europe and a strong presence in Latin America and Sub Saharan Africa. We have grown steadily over the past 25 years and are continuing to expand internationally, with around 120 consulting staff working across our nine offices.
Our main business is the conduct of policy studies, evaluations and socio-economic impact assessment for various regional, national and international organisations.
Our clients are government and the public sector at regional, national and international levels across a number of policy areas, ranging from research and innovation to higher education, healthcare, and green energy. These include the UK government, the European Commission, the OECD and the World Bank.
The UK team is growing strongly, with assignments in new domains including evaluation of policies aimed at supporting growth in renewable energy supply, electric vehicles and a more sustainable circular economy. While our main office is in Brighton, we also have a small office in central London and this position could be based in either location although regular travel to Brighton would be required.
We are looking for people with at least 3-years’ relevant work experience to join our green economy team. Specifically, candidates should have:
- Knowledge of UK and/or EU policies in relation to clean energy and climate change mitigation or adaptation
- A higher degree with, at least, a good undergraduate degree in economics
- A good command of quantitative methods (e.g. Cost Benefit Analysis, Cost Effectiveness Analysis, Econometric and / or Statistical analysis, Modelling)
- A good command of statistical software packages (e.g. MS Excel, Stata, R, SQL)
- The ability to write well and to a professional standard, in English
- Self-motivation, intellectual curiosity, an ability to work independently and in international teams
Other desirable attributes include:
- Experience of modelling the impacts of changes to renewable energy policies and/ or policies that support decarbonisation of industrial sectors, products, technologies or services
- Experience in policy evaluation, and in particular the application of economic methods
We are always pleased to hear from international candidates, however you must have the right to work in the UK already, either through citizenship or an appropriate work permit.
What we offer
- Challenging and varied projects conducted in a dynamic work environment
- A pleasant working atmosphere in a small group of (25) analytical professionals, while also being part of a larger international research company with multiple opportunities for international work and travel
- Our main office is in Brighton, a cosmopolitan city on the south coast, with much of the excitement of London just in a more manageable and affordable package
- This will be a permanent position, following the successful completion of a 6-month probationary period
- The position would be full time ideally, but can be part-time for the right candidate, with the potential for some level of flexible working, to fit in with family and other commitments
- A competitive salary and performance-related bonus system, along with 25 holiday days each year, private healthcare and a personal pension
- There are plentiful opportunities for career progression, from both a content perspective and in the area of project management and acquisition responsibilities
- There is also the opportunity for staff to become shareholders
How to apply
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV together with a covering letter explaining your interest in the job, how your skills and experience meet our specific requirements and why you believe you would be a good addition to the Technopolis team. Please submit your CV and covering letter on our website.
For shortlisted candidates the assessment process will comprise two further steps, with each step helping to narrow the field: a short telephone interview to discuss your ambitions, and a more formal interview with a selection panel at our office in Brighton where you will have chance to meet the team and see our projects in action.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 7 September 2018.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.technopolis-group.com/work-with-us/careers/vacancy?role=Energy Economist / Policy Consultant, Brighton or London (closing date: 7 September 2018)&id=99 →