Location: London, UK
Duration: 5-6 months
Start date: January / February 2021
The internship assignment
Work hard and make an impact with Tesla Policy. You’ll be part of a small high performing team, working directly with the energy policy lead. You will be responsible for researching and monitoring positions on EU level and wider European policy and regulatory changes, attending association meetings and liaising with internal subject matter experts. You will support the assessment of potential policy and regulatory engagement activities with EU institutions and for other markets as required. We are looking for a creative and systematic problem solver who is open to new ideas and approaches and who is willing to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
Learning goals & Tasks
- Deepen understanding of how energy storage supports the transition to sustainable energy
- Improve analytical and policy development skills through conducting research on energy market regulatory frameworks and policies in selected EMEA markets
- Support monitoring and research of EU and European policy developments affecting energy storage, identifying risks and opportunities and developing action plans for policy engagement
- Support identifying and building relationships with relevant stakeholders at industry, policy and bureaucratic levels
- Perform legislative investigation for residential, commercial and industrial storage
- Contribute to or perform ad-hoc research or studies related to energy products
- Close to finishing or recently graduated (up to 6 months) from a degree preferably with major in Law, Policy, Economics, Engineering or a similar field.
- First work experience in the policy or consulting sector (Political Party, GO, NGO or consulting firm) desirable.
- Sound understanding of energy storage solutions, their application and benefits and knowledge of EU energy market framework and/or other European energy market.
- Must have strong command of English and fluency in at least one other European language – French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese or Greek desirable.
- Time management, organizational skills and an attention to detail.
- Communication and persuasion skills along with an ability to interact with various levels of management.