Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Global Health Economics (GHE) Lead in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. The primary responsibilities of this role are to (1) lead the development and application of health economic strategies to support local market access needs across the assigned therapeutic area (2) liaise with and collaborate with cross-functional counterparts in support of global market access plans and pricing decisions. The GHE Lead also is responsible for informing clinical development plans and evidence generation activities.
The individual in this role will work cross-functionally across global, international, and local functions, ensuring that Global Health Economics (GHE) plans are aligned throughout the organization. This role reports to the Head, Global Health Economics and is based in Cambridge, MA, United States.
- Provides health economic expertise and leadership to support the development of global market access strategies
- Ensures that early economic models are designed and implemented to inform global market access strategy, including testing pricing hypotheses, prioritizing evidence generation, and planning for HTA in key markets
- Oversees the development of core/global economic models to meet local market access and HTA needs, including risk-sharing strategy
- Contributes to the development of global value propositions
- Integrates GHE strategies and tactics across products and related devices
- Informs early scientific advice strategies
- Works collaboratively with different groups within to organization ensuring alignment on health economics plans and activities. GHE Lead regularly interacts with regional and local affiliates and global functions, including but not limited to Market Access Strategy, Access Innovation, Outcomes Research & Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Global Medical Affairs, Patient Advocacy, etc.
Supports local market access pricing and reimbursement
- Supports projects in collaboration with other functions as appropriate to localize, adapt, and develop health economic models and tools to support local pricing and reimbursement in alignment with global product and franchise strategies
- Leads the development of health economic strategy and components of HTA and pricing & reimbursement dossiers
- Understands regional health technology assessment (HTA) requirements and supports product teams with early HTA advice strategy
- Identifies data gaps and communicates evidence generation needs to R&D organization
- Continuously applies learnings from countries to refine HE strategy and tools and improve the value proposition of Takeda products
- Contributes to target product profiles and clinical development plans by understanding and communicating relevant health economic and related outcomes measures needed to achieve market access
- Performs all Takeda business in accordance with appropriate regulations and corporate policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Has experience developing economic models for HTAs
- Has a strong understanding of international HTA, pricing and reimbursement systems as applied to drug products and devices
- Effectively produces and communicates data that support the economic value of a product or therapy
- Performs analyses using cost-effectiveness and budget impact models
- Communicates with great conviction and clarity at the appropriate levels
- Understands risk-sharing and managed entry agreements
- Effectively collaborates with various internal stakeholders to achieve mutual objectives
- Effectively facilitates discussions to establish agreement and closes discussions with clear summaries
- Executes strategic GHE plan for franchise within stated timelines
- Successfully translates key issues into actions and communicates them clearly to colleagues
Education, Behavioral Competencies And Skills
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, Health or Social Sciences or related technical field
- Postgraduate qualification in Economics or related field
- 8+ years of experience in health economics and/or outcomes research in the pharmaceutical industry
- Language requirement: English; additional languages are plus.
Domestic and international travel may be required.
What Takeda Can Offer You
- Tuition reimbursement Company
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation
- Community Outreach Programs
- Empowering Our People to Shine