Lear is an economic consultancy that specializes in applying microeconomic modelling and econometric tools to address competition and policy issues. In the years since it was set up, Lear’s staff has advised a large number of Italian and foreign companies in a wide variety of sectors, ranging from telecommunications and media, banking and financial services, digital and energy services, to consumer goods, retailing, road, air and maritime transportation. We support firms and their legal advisors in the ex-ante assessment of the competitive implications of mergers and acquisitions, agreements and unilateral conducts and we provide expert advice and testimony during proceedings before national competition authorities and the European Commission for alleged breaches of the antitrust legislation.
We analyze and assess, on behalf of our clients, the economic merits of allegations of foreclosure and exclusionary conduct, tying and bundling, vertical restraints, collusive behavior, abuse of (collective) dominance, and anticompetitive pricing. We provide litigation support and perform damage assessments in the event of anticompetitive practices, IP or trademark infringements, and breach of contracts. Further, we undertake research projects, policy evaluations and regulatory impact assessments for regulatory agencies, trade associations and public institutions in the field of competition policy. More information on our company can be found at www.learlab.com.
The role will involve assisting senior staff in the delivery of consultancy projects. Responsibilities will include desk research, data collection, cleaning and analysis, drafting of reports, communication with clients. As a Junior Consultant at Lear, you can expect to work across all our practice areas, including public enforcement, private enforcement, technical assistance and research and policy assessment.
Characteristics we are seeking
- hold at least an M.Sc. in Economics;
- have some experience (i.e. an internship at minimum) in economic consulting, or in a competition or regulatory agency; alternatively, candidates should have completed, or be about to complete, a Ph.D. in Economics: in the latter case, research interest in industrial organization and/or competition policy would be a plus;
- be fluent in Italian and English. The knowledge of other languages is a plus;
- have good communication skills, both orally and in writing;
- have practical experience in statistical analysis with Stata. Experience with Python, R, Matlab, and other software is a plus;
- have a critical and analytical mindset;
- be prone to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
We offer a competitive salary plus a bonus which depends on performance and private health insurance coverage. We have a very flexible working from home policy.
What to do next
If you are interested in joining the team, please send your CV and cover letter, both in English, to email@example.com, using “Junior Consultant” as email subject. Please mention that you saw the position advertised on EconomistJobs.