As a Manager in the Economics team there will be opportunities to work on a variety of engagements covering the spectrum of services that we provide including:
- Providing macroeconomic advice to internal and external clients
- Building bespoke economic models to assess the impact of macroeconomic factors on the client’s business
- Developing quantitative tools to forecast a variety of macroeconomic variables
- Draft Audit memo’s for IFRS9 clients summarizing plausibility and benchmarking testing performed.
- Secondments to clients to assist with specific projects
- Delivering specific advisory projects in Stress testing, IFRS9, Deal Advisory, Infrastructure and cost forecasting.
- Business development for the Economics team
- Conducting meetings with clients to explain specialist audit findings and drafting and reviewing reports
- Reporting to partners/directors all salient points arising from engagements
- Producing thought leadership pieces for clients related to economic environment
- Setting budgets for engagement and monitoring delivery against the budget
- Ensuring work in progress is monitored and controlled with fees being raised promptly
- Identifying and exploiting additional fee billing possibilities
- Planning and allocating staff resources to fulfil business requirements
- Setting objectives with the team, and providing support and feeding back on performance
- Providing coaching and training to KPMG staff on econometrics and macroeconomic modelling
- Identifying and developing new opportunities for KPMG to work with clients and targets
- Writing tender documents and presenting at proposals
- Assisting partners in general business development
Skills, qualifications and experience required
- A 2.1 or First class undergraduate degree in Economics
- A 2.1 or First class Masters’ degree in economics
- No less than 5 years of experience working with another professional services firm, Financial Institution, Central Bank or Think Tank in a macroeconomics team/unit.
- Experience developing macroeconomic models and other econometrics models including dynamic factor models, Vector Autoregressive models, Bayesian models and other macroeconometric models.
- Experience mapping and tracking economic trends globally
- Understanding of DGSE models and other general equilibrium models.
- Experience of coding in R, Matlab, Stata and E-views.
Closing date: 25th of August, 2019