Springer Nature opens the doors to discovery for researchers, educators, clinicians and other professionals. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals, platforms and technology solutions reach millions of people. For over 175 years our brands and imprints have been a trusted source of knowledge to these communities and today, more than ever, we see it as our responsibility to ensure that fundamental knowledge can be found, verified, understood and used by our communities – enabling them to improve outcomes, make progress, and benefit the generations that follow.
Springer Nature is seeking a Principal Consultant for its highly-regarded Nature Research Intelligence business. Nature Research Intelligence advises academic, government and corporate research organisations on strategies to support their research direction. We aim to grow the socio economic impact of research via our Nature Strategy Reports consulting services, Nature Index and Nature Navigator products. This is an exciting opportunity as the team is expanding from strong foundations with increasing demand, and we are looking for someone who is able to deliver research strategy consulting and analytics that will support our customers’ objectives and Springer Nature’s mission to advance discovery.
As a Principal Consultant, you will work with leading research organisations to understand their needs and create insightful and impactful analysis to support them. You have significant experience in developing research strategies and be able to successfully communicate these in a variety of formats. You will be familiar with bibliometrics, research funding and policy. You will be able to effectively leverage close partnerships with data analysts, data scientists, editors and other colleagues from Springer Nature .
- Recognised as an expert in research consulting and is seen as the leader in their discipline.
- Leads the adoption of consulting best practices in NRI
- Engages with research leaders to generate a pipeline of consulting opportunities
- Supports customers in their journey towards more advanced and predictive analytics
- Solves unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on our customers’ research strategy
- Contributes to the development of NRI strategy
- Leads project teams to achieve milestones and objectives
- Manages consulting projects of broad scope that are commercially important, complex or sensitive.
- Sets the overall training agenda for the wider consulting community and mentors and trains others to develop core consulting skills.
- Influences leadership to ensure alignment where appropriate to overall company portfolio and strategy.
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices
- Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions
- Works independently, has a recognised ability to bring clarity and value even in the most complex situations
Core Experience, Skills And Qualifications Of Anchor Role
- University degree with a strong analytical/quantitative background or equivalent experience (e.g. Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Econometrics, Physics, Computer Science etc.)
- Good working knowledge of analytics and can demonstrate the ability to quickly learn new tools
- Significant experience of developing research strategies
- Excellent problem solving capabilities coupled with business acumen
- Demonstrable experience in developing and communicating insights, a strong story teller
- Well organized and accurate with good time management
- Can demonstrate significant leadership and contributions within previous roles
Applicants who do not meet all criteria are encouraged to apply, the key requirement is to be able to demonstrate significant research consulting experience.
At Springer Nature, we value the diversity of our teams and work to build an inclusive culture, where people are treated fairly and can bring their differences to work and thrive. We empower our colleagues and value their diverse perspectives as we strive to attract, nurture and develop the very best talent.
Springer Nature was awarded Diversity Team of the Year at the 2022 British Diversity Awards. Find out more about our DEI work here.
If you have any access needs related to disability, neurodivergence or a chronic condition, please contact us so we can make all necessary accommodation.