The successful candidates will have a background in economics and transport economics, with professional consultancy experience of the application of economic techniques to transport planning challenges and an ambition to make their mark in a global business where transport is a key sector.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Senior Consultancy experience specialising in transport economics.
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate qualifications in transport economics or related subjects (e.g. economics, geography, urban planning, transport engineering).
- Membership of a relevant professional body.
- An ability to manage projects profitably and contribute to strategic business planning and business development.
- Technical and management skills relating to bid writing and project management.
- Technical skills relating to transport economics.
- Knowledge and experience of WebTAG and other appraisal packages especially in relation to wider economic benefits and how they can support successful business cases.
- Technical skills relating to economic impact assessment, socio-economic assessments, economic research, employment land, urban economic and social development.
- Experience of working across different modes – road, rail, freight, aviation, mass rapid transit, public transport, interchanges, transit oriented development – would be an advantage
- Experience of working on development and regeneration projects where transport is an enabler of development.
- Project management skills ideally developed in a multi-disciplinary consultancy environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
We are experiencing significant growth in our Economic and Social Development consultancy business and are looking for a senior, strategic lead to drive our transport economics offer. Examples of our Economic and Social Development clients and project portfolio includes: HS2, TfL, DfT, NHS England, Unilever, MerseyTravel, TfGM, TfN, Highways England, Network Rail, World Bank, EBRD, EIB, BIS/DCLG, Welsh Government and local authorities throughout the UK.
Economic and Social Development at Mott MacDonald offers a breadth of multi-disciplinary and sector-specific activities in an exciting and stimulating consultancy environment. The team is seeking strategic recruits to support ongoing growth in key market sectors. We are located within the multi-disciplinary Integrated Transport Division which has over 300 staff in 14 offices around the UK.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&noback=0&partnerid=25141&siteid=5169&jobid=1161396&codes=#jobDetails=1161396_5169 →