JOB ROLE: Senior Competition Economist (Director)
LOCATION: London, Madrid, Frankfurt, Amsterdam
About our Role
Fideres was founded in 2009 to investigate corporate and financial wrongdoing. We specialise in researching and uncovering competition and financial markets wrongdoing and bringing it to the attention of law firms and regulators.
We believe in fair and transparent markets, and we are the only economic consultancy working on the side of the plaintiff, against corporates and financial institutions.
Our cases have included antitrust complaints against Big Tech, Big Pharma, Big Finance and Big Ag. Meanwhile our original and innovative investigations into the dumping of sewage and Covid-19 testing have led to national press coverage.
We are looking for an experienced Competition Economist to lead a project team of economic consultants investigating corporate and financial wrongdoing. This role will be the primary contact for our clients to deliver innovative solutions to the economic problems we are asked to explore.
In this role you will manage a portfolio of economic consulting projects involving competition economics and investigating corporate and financial wrongdoing. As an experienced competition economist, you will collaborate with the project team to brainstorm novel solutions to the economic problems in front of you and manage the client relationship.
Some notable responsibilities:
- Overseeing projects and managing a project team of economic consultants
- Conducting detailed economic and statistical analysis of market manipulation or antitrust allegations as part of the delivery of Fideres’ consulting mandates
- Writing comprehensive reports that summarize the key findings of our analysis in a simple, succinct manner
- Verbally presenting work product to clients in a manner that allows them to understand both the results and how they impact their own clients
- Manage client relationships
- Actively researching and generating innovative ideas for our project pipeline
- Presenting and explaining proposals to potential clients
- Helping to track and allocate resources to achieve business unit goals
- Coaching the team on Fideres’s processes, writing styles and analytical methodologies
- Maintain up-to-date records in Fideres’s CRM and Project Management systems
Key Skills and Attributes
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven experience at a competition agency, in a sector regulator, or in an economic consultancy
- An MSc in Economics (minimum). A PhD in Economics would be highly desirable and given preference
- Experience of dealing directly with clients (such as law firms and regulators)
- The ability to communicate effectively on complex issues in simple terms
- Strong analytical and numerical skills, proficiency in python or R would be desirable
- Strong project organization skills, able to meet deadlines
- A high level of integrity with a creative and curious mind
- An interest in coaching, developing and collaborating with others
- An appetite for networking and connecting people and problems
Fideres is an economic consulting firm specialised in economic analysis of competition litigation matters. We have been engaged by all the major US and UK plaintiff-side litigation law firms, governments, and other public-sector entities to assist in numerous high-profile antitrust investigations and private litigation, spanning a wide range of industries and jurisdictions. We have developed innovative modelling techniques for highly complex competition and financial issues, and our work has contributed to a heightened standard of economic evidence in litigation globally, particularly in class actions.
What we Offer
You will get to work in a highly innovative environment where training and development is put at the top of the agenda to ensure that our staff are at the leading edge of their academic knowledge, and where rapid career progression is available to proactive employees who reach out for opportunities.
We offer hybrid remote working, competitive salaries and bonuses, and competitive benefits.
You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects spanning across many different countries.
We are proud of our values and our diverse and international workforce, and we are committed to building a working environment where employees feel safe, welcome and able to have an open and respectful dialogue on diversity issues.
Please submit your curriculum vitae and a cover letter explaining your motivation to join Fideres and your interest in the role offered to email@example.com.
Please note that we consider a thoughtful and considered cover letter to be an integral part of the application.
Applications from both full time and part time candidates will be considered.