As one of the world's largest networks of audit, tax and consulting firms, RSM delivers big ideas and premium service to help middle-market businesses thrive. We are a fast-growing firm with big ambitions -- we have a clear goal to become the premium adviser to the middle market, globally. This vision touches everything we do, motivating and inspiring us to become better every day. If you are looking for a firm where you can build a future and make an impact, then RSM is the place for you.
Overall job purpose
RSM’s Economic Consulting division provides research, policy and economic consulting services to public and private sector clients across a wide range of policy areas.
Our Economic Development and Regeneration team works throughout the UK and Ireland in supporting the delivery of inclusive and sustainable economic growth, place-based regeneration and infrastructure development. Our clients include central government departments, local and combined authorities, enterprise agencies and local enterprise partnerships, universities, developers and investors.
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Consultant with a passion for developing evidenced based policy and for working with clients to make a real and positive impact within local economies and communities. Candidates should have a minimum of 4 years’ experience of supporting the delivery of two or more of the following service areas:
- economic/social research and analysis;
- project appraisal/ case making;
- economic impact assessment;
- place/sector strategy development; and
- programme or policy evaluation.
The successful candidate will have excellent spoken and written communication, demonstrable skills in quantitative and qualitative research/ analysis and high attention to detail.
The postholder will:
- carry out quantitative and qualitative research/ analysis to support assignment delivery;
- supervise the delivery of workstreams of larger assignments and support junior team members in the delivery of their work;
- produce research outputs in a timely and robust manner;
- contribute to the development of tenders and client reports by drafting sections for review by senior staff; and,
- wherever possible, seek to support the team and learning ethos that currently exists.
The essential requirements
- a strong academic record with numerical proficiency.
- a minimum of 4 years’ experience in the identified service areas.
- high proficiency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- excellent spoken and written communication.
- demonstrable experience of the delivery of high-quality research outputs.
- ability to meet internal deadlines in a high-quality focused environment.
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the role. As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and will be subject to amendment in consultation with the individual.