Cebr is recruiting for an Economist with 2-4 years of experience to join its Forecasting and Thought Leadership team.
Cebr is one of the UK’s most influential economics consultancies, providing services to Government departments and agencies, multi-national corporations, and trade and professional organisations.
Cebr is well known for its objective analysis, authoritative reports and its annual World Economic League Table.
We are located in bustling EC1V, the heart of London’s Flat White Economy, and offer a hybrid working model for our employees.
To read more about us, see www.cebr.com
Senior Economist opportunity at Cebr
We are looking for an experienced economist to join our team, ideally with a pure Economics degree at Bachelor's or Master’s level, who has been working as an economist for 2-4 years.
The main role will involve providing economics-based solutions to clients’ problems. The role is within Cebr’s Forecasting and Thought Leadership team, one of three teams in Cebr alongside Economic Advisory and Environment, Infrastructure and Local Growth.
The Forecasting and Thought Leadership team are responsible for providing commentary and analysis for The Prospects Service, as well as winning and delivering both regular and ad-hoc client work.
Senior Economists will be expected to be involved in:
- Project management and delivery.
- Business development, leading on client proposals & building client relationships.
- Developing and contributing to economic forecasting and analysis models.
- Presentations and opportunities to establish a significant media profile.
Characteristics we are seeking:
If you wish to join our friendly team of academically strong, client-facing economic consultants, we would expect you to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- An excellent academic background, such as a Master’s or very good Bachelor’s degree in Economics.
- Substantial quantitative research experience and good understanding of macroeconomics.
- General knowledge of the UK economy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to explain economic concepts and quantitative results and their implications to a non-specialist audience.
- An ability to think originally and creatively, using economics to answer clients’ questions.
- Attention to detail and commitment to going the extra mile to deliver robust, accurate work that stands up to scrutiny, within the constraints of available time and resources.
- A proactive way of working, you need to be curious and willing to take the initiative in hunting down information and learning from previous projects and experiences.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Native-level proficiency in English is essential.
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience in public or client-facing speaking engagements.
- Knowledge of statistical packages such as Stata, R, MATLAB or EViews is beneficial.
- Familiarity with the US, Eurozone and other international economies.
Competitive salary, plus a generous bonus system which pays on both ‘sales’ and ‘delivery’ of work. Auto-enrolment in the People’s Pension.
What to do next:
If you are interested in joining the team please get in touch. Send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com, also noting whether you are eligible to work in the UK.
Your data will be protected: