À propos de notre client
Our client is an International Trade Association located in Geneva, Switzerland. It represents its members on a global level and plays a key role in Advocacy & Regulation. We currently recruit a Senior Economist (F/M) to join the team and to be in charge of Forecasting activities.
Description du poste
- Prepare, to final (publishable) standard, briefing and research on issues relating to, or recent developments in, the global market,
- Undertake quantitative analysis and modelling to understand the key drivers of industry developments & any appropriate response,
- Work extensively with joint venture partners to maintain & develop long-term forecast,
- Contribute to the Organization consulting output as well as to some commercial activities through qualitative work and innovation,
- Identify emerging issues and undertake appropriate investigation to inform members,
- Respond to requests from members, internal and other external stakeholders for information or analysis, data, presentation input and other assistance on various issues
- Build productive working relationships with key stakeholders, including Corporate Communications, data owners/providers, Advocacy teams
- Manage & guide junior members of the team on various tasks, ensuring outputs are to final standard
- Identify and implement opportunities to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the Economics team, for example, in relation to data management or output dissemination an provide other assistance and support to the Chief Economist, as required.
- At least 5-10 years' practical experience as an applied economist - in a public or private sector environment - backed by a post-graduate degree in economics or related discipline,
- A high level of quantitative and statistical analysis skills - including experience in building and using econometric and other models for forecasting and market analysis,
- Proven experience to deliver industry-level analysis, an experience of the Airline/Transport industry would be a plus,
- Fluency in spoken and written English,
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to communicate complex concepts to a non-technical audience,
- Excellent interpersonal skills - a willingness to work as part of a small, flexible team, including helping to supervise and develop less experienced team members, and to engage with a variety of industry stakeholders, both internal and external to the organization,
- Sound organization and time management skills - the ability to see a project from inception to completion, prioritize tasks effectively and meet challenging deadlines.
This is an exciting role for an ambitious and talented Economist