At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Join the fastest growing and most innovative deal analytics team in the UK.
We are disrupting the traditional financial due diligence model through our use of data analytics and advanced technology tools. We help our clients through the process of acquiring or divesting assets to meet their strategic goals. As we work across multiple sectors and regions, the nature of our work often provides the opportunity to work on complex assignments that involve working with colleagues across a variety of disciplines, countries and service lines.
Our core work is during the exciting and high speed financial due diligence phase of an M&A process. Using data analytics in due diligence to assess the target company’s financial performance and business projections, we can identify opportunities and risks that will have an impact on the final value of the asset.
We have to clearly communicate our findings to our clients, their banks and their investors. The team are integrated with and work alongside the core due diligence teams to provide additional deeper insights and question the value drivers with innovative solutions and advanced digital capabilities.
Companies are collecting more data with a plethora of sources beyond standard financial accounts including everything from geolocation data to social media posts. Our expertise and challenge is to use data analytics at speed in due diligence to identify and understand trends that would otherwise be hidden!
Your key responsibilities
Given the speed of deals, you will be working across multiple projects alongside experienced financial due diligence (FDD) professionals. You will have the opportunity to continue to develop your skills to perform financial due diligence alongside technical training in a range of situations and sectors. When working on projects you will almost always be working as part of a wider cross service line team with the growing opportunity to reach out to other teams in the commercial and strategy divisions
As a Senior Executive in the Transaction Analytics team, you will be the Data expert, managing the analytics deal team and coordinating the scope of work and delivery of key insights to our clients.
Our clients are typically Private Equity and corporates of varying sizes, up to FTSE100. As we continue to grow the team you will have the opportunity to build out your own client relationships and internal networks to share knowledge or build a sector-specific profile
We heavily encourage continued learning and constant innovation so our business tomorrow will be a revolution of our business today
What we look for
- People who are Innovative, Entrepreneurial and eager to learn.
Skills and attributes for success
- Financial and Commercial acumen to understand our client’s needs.
- Be able to gather, verify and assess information to formulate conclusions
- The ability to analyse at pace and know where to focus attention
- Attention to detail with a methodical approach
- Demonstrable experience in planning, preparing and reviewing deliverables in various forms including visualisations, written reports, presentations and discussions with the client
- Team working and communication skills
- Ability to communicate key messages to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Attention to business development both with clients and in innovation
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Transaction experience and/or relevant industry or commercial experience.
- Understanding of data manipulation and integration tools (e.g. Alteryx, SQL, Python, Excel)
- Experience with data visualisation tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau)
- Excitement to learn and share knowledge through the training of others.
- A passion to provide high quality service to your clients.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring team members
- Extensive experience of Stakeholder and client communication
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience of mentoring and inspiring teams and working in a high paced transaction environment with a solid understanding of how Analytics can bring value throughout the transaction life cycle.
- Chartered Accountancy qualifications are not required but are supportive in this role
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Opportunity to study for an MBA with Hult University
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.