Overview / About us
Lumanity is dedicated to improving patient health by accelerating and optimizing access to medical advances. We partner with life sciences companies around the world to generate evidence to demonstrate the value of their product, translate the science and data into compelling product narratives, and enable commercial decisions that position these products for success in the market. We do this through strategic and complimentary areas of focus: Asset Optimization and Commercialization, Value Access and Outcomes, Medical Strategy and Communications, and Real-World Evidence.
Responsibilities / Position overview
We are seeking an experienced health economist to join our Modelling & Analytics (HEOR) team as a Senior Health Economist within Lumanity Value Access and Outcomes, which serves our clients by identifying, substantiating, and conveying the value of ground-breaking medical advances. Our Modelling & Analytics team comprises over 50 health economics and statistics experts across the UK, Europe and North America. Our team includes a mix of brilliant experienced and early career health economists and statisticians, including a dedicated advanced analytics group to stay engaged with scientific developments. We pride ourselves on producing high-quality deliverables for our clients while ensuring the wellbeing and work-life balance of our team is maintained. The Modelling & Analytics team focusses on technical and strategic projects including health technology assessment in all markets, cost-effectiveness and budget impact model development, survival analysis using patient level data, and indirect comparisons.
As a Senior Health Economist, you will work closely with our clients and other Lumanity team members to deliver high quality health economics-focussed deliverables. You will have a client-facing role, taking economics-focussed technical leadership roles on economic modelling and multi-disciplinary HEOR projects including early pipeline services, global evidence generation, and health technology assessment submissions. You will be working towards strategic project leadership on economic modelling focussed projects. As a technical lead you will instruct, guide and support the development of more junior members of the team to complete specific technical tasks and have responsibility for the quality of technical deliverables. Outside of projects you may contribute to the delivery of proposals and pitches, support the development and application of new methods, contribute to thought leadership and have opportunities for publishing your work.
Our Modelling and Analytics team has a leadership culture that empowers all levels of staff to take ownership and accountability, and we are committed to our team’s fulfilment, enabling people to do roles that play to their strengths and interests. We pride ourselves on creating an environment that enables people to craft their specialist skills, whilst enabling those who wish to develop skills in complementary disciplines such as statistical analyses.
- A relevant undergraduate degree and experience in health economic modelling projects within consultancy, the pharmaceutical industry or an academic environment, consultancy experience is preferred
- Demonstrated experience of having built cost effectiveness and/or budget impact models from concept to conclusion including quality control, review, and critique of models
- Experience developing HTA reimbursement submissions or global evidence generation including cost-effectiveness and/or budget impact models
- Advanced level of proficiency developing economic models using Excel® and visual basic® for applications (VBA); experience developing economic models using R is preferred but not essential
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills and comfort liaising with technical and non-technical clients (both internally and externally)
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that focuses on what matters to you – health and well-being, personal finances, professional development, and a healthy work/life balance:
- Competitive salary plus bonus scheme
- 33.5 days of paid leave
- Private healthcare
- Electric car scheme for UK based employees