At Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life – To enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We provide our teams with the resources needed to achieve individual career goals while taking science a step beyond through research, development and delivery of life-changing therapies. Alongside clinical research through our PPD® clinical research portfolio, our work in evidence-based solutions specializes in generating the evidence needed to optimize the commercial potential of our biopharma and biotech customers’ products. Your determination to demonstrate effectiveness, safety and the value of these products will improve health outcomes that people and communities depend on – now and in the future.
Location/Division Specific Information
The role offers 100% remote flexibility
Our multidisciplinary Modelling and Simulation experts design and implement health economic models that describe complex medical processes to understand and evaluate the implications of clinical trials; demonstrate the value of interventions beyond efficacy, and assess benefits, risks, and the economic consequences associated with healthcare interventions. If you have a passion for health economic modeling to conduct cost-effectiveness analyses of healthcare interventions and have experience conceptualizing and implementing simulation models (e.g., discrete event simulation) and other decision-analytic models (e.g., decision trees, Markov, individual state-transition, survival partition), a position in Modelling and Simulation at Evidera is waiting for you!
Discover Impactful Work:
- Conceptualization, design and implementation of health economic models to conduct cost-effectiveness and budget impact analyses of healthcare interventions
- Scientifically responsible person for a project or to lead selected aspects within larger projects with multiple models with senior scientific "guidance/consultation"
- Draft project deliverables (e.g., Excel with VBA based models, model specifications, and technical reports) at "final quality" level with minimal senior review, and draft abstracts and manuscripts as lead or co-author
- As Principal Investigator have project budget, deliverable and timeline responsibility; identify scope expansion and need for amendments
- Support other "non-billable" activities as needed (e.g. draft and approve proposals; lead methodological advancements, supervise junior staff; closely collaborate with other business units; lead some efforts as company representative)
Education & Experience
PhD, Master’s or Bachelor’s degree with more than five years of relevant work experience. For example, Operations Research, Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Biostatistics or related field or a similar program
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Prior experience in health care modeling and health-economic outcomes research methods
- Practical experience in design, implementation and validation of cost-effectiveness and budget impact analyses (e.g., decision trees, Markov, individual state-transition, survival partition, discrete event simulation)
- Development of models suitable for submission to Health Technology Assessment groups or to support other reimbursement decisions
- Strong quantitative skills, with solid understanding of relevant statistical methods
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, senior managers and clients
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral, with attention to detail
- Ability to manage deadlines, multiple tasks and relationships in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Competent in written and spoken English
- Required: Advanced Microsoft Excel modeling skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Desired: Experience implementing simulation models/ decision-analytic software (e.g., R, TreeAge, Anylogic, Arena)
We offer competitive remuneration, annual incentive plan bonus, healthcare, and a range of employee benefits. Thermo Fisher Scientific offers employment with an innovative, forward-thinking organization, and outstanding career and development prospects. We offer an exciting company culture that stands for integrity, intensity, involvement, and innovation!