The European Banking Federation (EBF) is seeking to recruit a full-time position Senior/Policy Adviser for its Digital & Retail Team.
The European Banking Federation (EBF) is seeking to recruit to a full-time position, a Senior/Policy Adviser who will be responsible for building consensus and developing policy positions, designing and delivering lobbying strategy, and coordinating members’ actions. Working with and lobbying the European institutions to achieve an appropriate regulatory and supervisory framework in the EU.
Within the EBF Digital & Retail team, with specific focus on issues relating to payments and digital, and retail banking developments.
This would involve leading and contributing to the further development of the relevant EBF Committee and Working Groups as well as anticipating regulatory developments, EBF position building and advocacy work in the field of payments and digital, with particular emphasis on issues such as:
- harmonising payment services, procedures and instruments across Europe;
- supporting the role of banks in emerging new payment initiatives such as mobile payments, internet payments, e-wallets, virtual currencies etc.;
- supporting member associations and banks in implementing payment-related regulations and rules;
- defining the EBF strategy and objectives with regard to payments.
In line with the above, the key responsibilities under the EBF Payment Systems Committee are:
- contributing to the development of the Payment Systems Committee’s work programme and focus, including the set-up of the relevant technical working groups;
- drafting and delivery of positions/responses to consultations on relevant legislation, in line with the above job description, and supporting, where necessary, the communication of EBF’s messages in the area of payments;
- direct and ongoing contacts with policymakers in the area of Payments (e.g. the European Commission, the European Parliament, national financial attachés, EBA and ECB);
- maintaining the EBF relationship with such institutions as “partner of choice”;
- liaising closely with the European Payments Council (EPC), of which the EBF is a founding member, and representing the EBF in the working groups and/or support groups set up from time to time by the EPC;
- assisting the EBF representative in the European Retail Payments Board (ERPB) and representing the EBF in the working groups and/or support groups set up from time to time by the ERPB;
- liaising with other payment-related bodies such as payment associations, card schemes, service providers (SWIFT, Euro Banking Association).
The successful candidate must have a thorough knowledge of payments systems and EU public affairs with at least five years’ relevant experience:
- hold a university degree in finance, law or political sciences;
- previous experience, preferably in the financial services industry, trade association or EU institutions;
- knowledge of payments and fintech-related regulatory matters and legislative process of EU institutions;
- some affinity with and basic understanding of more technical issues like cloud computing, blockchain, digital transformation;
- have an excellent understanding of the EU decision-making process; experience working in an EU institution and/or holding a Master’s degree in EU studies is highly appreciated;
- demonstrate strategic and analytical thinking skills;
- have very good communication and teamworking skills;
- have strong organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure;
- display excellent influencing skills, persuasiveness and sense of diplomacy;
- have excellent analytical and bridge-building skills;
- excellent writing skills in English;
- the ideal candidate will show great dedication to work, enthusiasm and a positive attitude towards the various projects for which he/she will be responsible.
The person will report to the Head of the Digital & Retail team.
This is a challenging position, which will be rewarded with a competitive and attractive package.
Please send your application with curriculum vitae, including a letter of motivation clarifying why you are interested in this position, to Corrine Gil at email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 30 March 2018
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com