We are seeking a highly skilled senior economist with experience in the application of economic analysis to regulatory and policy proposals. In this role, you will be responsible of scanning the regulatory and supervisory landscape within the insurance and financial sector and execute rigorous evidence-based qualitative and quantitative analysis of the impacts of new policies and regulation on market efficiency. Reporting directly to the Head of Regulatory and Public Affairs for Italy and based in Rome, you will conduct economic and business impact analysis of product, conduct and capital regulations. Additionally, you will support the design and execution of effective outreach strategies to ensure Allianz's voice is properly contributing to the policy debate at both legislative and regulatory levels through formal and informal consultation processes
- Perform qualitative and quantitative economic analysis in cooperation with business functions to assess the impact of new regulatory proposals on products and processes
- Shape positioning by providing in-depth economics analysis and research
- Monitor relevant positions and trends set by national and EU regulators and supervisors as well as relevant stakeholders
- Closely work with other Allianz functions and Regulatory Teams across different markets within the Group
- Support the development of advocacy strategies to effectively represent Allianz's stances in relevant policy discussions
- Engage with external partners, such as think tanks and industry associations
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in applied economics, economic research, policy impact analysis and/or regulatory strategies in a top-notch financial institution / corporation
- Experience in government, international organizations, or supervisory agencies, preferably within the insurance or other highly regulated segment of the financial industry
- Strong ability to gather, produce and mobilize political intelligence relevant to Allianz from various sources, both formal and informal
- Proven ability to multitask, solve problems, make decisions, and take initiative while working independently and as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, with a keen awareness of multicultural dynamics and confidence in complex international settings
- Outstanding communication skills and a track record of actively contributing to policy debates in various forums and meetings
- Open mindset with a focus on process improvement, continuously seeking opportunities for optimization
- Excellent written English skills, and ideally proficiency in German or Italian
Allianz Group is one of the most trusted insurance and asset management companies in the world. Caring for our employees, their ambitions, dreams and challenges, is what makes us a unique employer. Together we can build an environment where everyone feels empowered and has the confidence to explore, to grow and to shape a better future for our customers and the world around us.
We at Allianz believe in a diverse and inclusive workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage you to bring your whole self to work, no matter where you are from, what you look like, who you love or what you believe in.
We therefore welcome applications regardless of ethnicity or cultural background, age, gender, nationality, religion, disability or sexual orientation.