If you have a deep understanding of macro modelling and financial markets, are passionate about climate change, and want to be part of Zurich’s efforts for a climate neutral world, then this is the right position for you!
In this new and exciting role in the Market Strategy and Macroeconomics Team, you will provide a framework to analyse the impact of climate change risk and opportunity to Group exposures and create a compelling narrative around it for all stakeholders. This will entail modelling and assessing the impact of climate change and net zero transitioning at the macroeconomic and asset class level, along with the inflationary impact of energy transitioning and the impact on business and supply chains. You will work closely with climate change teams within Investment Management and in other parts of the Group, to provide a consistent solution for incorporating climate risks and opportunities into the investment process, strategy, reporting and solutions. You will deliver analysis-backed recommendations to relevant Group functions and be the expert voice on the macroeconomic impact of climate change.
What you will do
As a Macro Climate Economist, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Maintain the economic base case and risk scenarios, identify risk and opportunities from the changing business environment
- Model and assess the impact of climate change and policy initiatives at the macroeconomic, regional and asset class level
- Provide a consistent framework to analyse the impact of physical and transition risks to Group exposures and provide a compelling narrative around it
- Develop a consistent approach to monitoring regulatory and technological developments and gauge how they impact the trajectory on climate change, and asset class returns
- Play an integral part in the development of the Group’s TCFD methodology and reporting
- Work closely with other Investment Management and Group functions to improve the integration of analysis, transparency, and consistency of methodologies
- Master and refine quantitative analysis tools pertaining to both climate change initiatives and fundamental investment and macro analysis
- Streamline and improve robustness of processes and the integration of coding methodologies
What you bring
- Master’s degree or higher in Economics, Finance, Mathematics/Statistics, or a similar field
- CFA an advantage
- 6 or more years of experience, with practical exposure specifically to macro and financial market modelling, with solid understanding of financial markets, the macroeconomy, and the policy environment
- Good knowledge of climate-related risks and opportunities, policy and regulation, and climate scenario analysis
- High level of proficiency in quantitative methods and a strong programming background
- Effective communicator, with excellent English verbal and written skills
We look forward to receiving your online application.
Zurich wants to attract the best talent and we acknowledge that talents might not always be available full-time. At Zurich we will consider requests for flexible working. Many of our employees work flexibly in a variety of ways. Please talk to us during the interview about the flexibility you may need.
Information for recruitment agencies
Zurich does not accept any applications from recruitment agencies for this position. We refuse any responsibility for unsolicited applications as well as any associated fees.
At Zurich, we like to think outside the box and challenge the status quo. We take an optimistic approach by focusing on the positives and constantly asking What can go right?
We are an equal opportunity employer who knows that each employee is unique - that’s what makes our team so great!
Join us as we constantly explore new ways to protect our customers and the planet.
- Location(s): CH - Zürich
- Remote working: Hybrid
- Schedule: Full Time or Part Time