Make a splash at Ofwat as Director of Economic Regulation!
Our aim is to ensure that companies truly understand what their customers want and that they are committed to delivering levels of service that reflect those needs to be able to successfully align shareholder and customer interests.
Your immediate priority will be to lead the Outcomes and Customer Engagement work stream in the PR19 price review. This particular work stream is a large and strategically important portfolio of work. It is also one of the most significant in terms of team size as well as the variety and complexity of issues covered. You will also be responsible for leading all discussions relating to your work area with members of the Senior Leadership Team and the Board.
Following the completion of the price review, you will be able to work across any of our current and future programmes in your capacity as a Director of Economic Regulation.
We are looking for an individual with strong credentials in leading and delivering large projects within a complex organisation and ideally you will have the following knowledge and skills:
- Experience in applying micro-economic theory in a regulatory environment
- Experience of acting as a thought leader
- Experience of successfully leading large/complex projects against demanding deadlines, including planning, resource management, identification and management of risks
- Experience of stakeholder management including government and industry
- Experience in developing and performance managing colleagues
- Advanced and up-to-date knowledge of regulatory economics
- Understanding the relevance and the impact of best practice in policy development
- Understanding of the political dimensions of operating within a regulatory sector
- Ability to lead complex technical work
- Ability to think strategically and understand strategic issues
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Post graduate degree in a relevant branch of economics
We offer a substantial benefits package including 25 days holiday plus 10 ½ bank holiday and privilege leave days per annum among other benefits.
A truly flexible, autonomous and trust based working culture is on offer to help you succeed within Ofwat. For further information, a detailed role profile including benefits and how to apply, please visit our website http://www.ofwat.gov.uk/jobs/make-a-splash/
Please forward a CV and cover letter, including all relevant experience required for this post, ensuring that you have outlined how your skills and experience meet the criteria set out in the requirements section of the role profile.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.ofwat.gov.uk/jobs/make-a-splash/ →