We are an equal opportunities employer and place where everyone is welcome. We strongly encourage people from minority backgrounds, LGBTQIA+, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
We’re one of the world’s largest privately owned real estate tech companies and a subsidiary of Axel Springer. Our mission is to unlock everyone’s perfect place! Some of Europe’s best known digital real estate marketplaces and brands form part of our Group, they are: 🇫🇷 Meilleurs Agents, 🇫🇷 Groupe SeLoger, 🇧🇪 Immoweb, 🇩🇪 Immowelt, 🇪🇸 Housell and 🇮🇱 Yad2.
We also invest in innovative business models which shape the future of how people buy, sell, rent or lend properties and hold minority participations in companies such as: 🇬🇧 PurpleBricks, 🇩🇪 Homeday, 🇺🇸 Zumper and 🇺🇸 Parcel.
Our ambition is to provide transparency to the real estate market and provail trustworthy, accurate and innovative tools based on our expertise in real estate Data Science.
This is a pivotal time to join us as we embark on this journey enabling us to help unlock everyone’s perfect place!
WHAT WE DO IN THE AVIV DATA SCIENCE TEAM:
The Data Science team is in charge of producing and exposing the most relevant housing market insights (price maps, estimation tools, …) and data-driven analysis to a large audience: individuals, real estate agents, private and public institutions.
Composed of about 40 people, we engage a scientific approach to modelize the residential real estate market and develop products.
Part of this division, our Data Engineering team is made up of 14 profiles with skills in information extraction and processing, system architecture, signal processing, and database management. We work in close collaboration with PhD students, doctors in mathematics, economics, finance and statistics, Machine Learning and GIS Engineers.
We are responsible for:
- Empowering the Data Science team with a steady R&D Environment
- The industrialization of housing market models
- The effective operation of the AVIV real estate data platform (data production, exposition and monitoring) and its constant evolution
Numerous interactions with French research laboratories enrich our reflections related to real estate market modeling. A scientific council composed of renowned personalities from the academic world, specialists in the housing market, economics, mathematics and urban geography, meets twice a year to define the scientific policy of Meilleurs Agents.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN INDIVIDUAL WHO CAN:
- Use Aviv Group's proprietary data to create statistical and econometric analyses on the German and European real estate market
- Write economic reports based on the results of the data analyses
- Simplify, highlight and present the results obtained
- Ensure the statistical and economic quality of all press releases/reports about the real estate market published by IWT
- Support the Press Relationships team in providing journalists with relevant real estate indicators
- Ensure the economic quality of real estate information produced by the Data-Science team.
AN INDIVIDUAL WHO :
- has a Master's degree in economics with experience in data analysis,
- has a strong interest in housing-related topics, experience in the real estate market would be a plus,
- has basis of Python language, Stata or R are also accepted,
- speak advanced German and English, French is a plus,
- is willing to travel to other AVIV Group locations within Europe occasionally
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- A role that has a real impact on our growth and awareness of AVIV,
- A brilliant team with which to collaborate to pursue our quest for transparency in the real estate market, the environment necessary for continuous learning and important technical challenges to meet,
- A technophile and stimulating work environment, management methods (OKR) that encourage autonomy and taking initiative,
- An exceptional atmosphere and a working environment in the heart of Paris, with benefits such as: RTT, remote work opportunities, incentive bonus, hackathons, knowledge sharing, a gym, upscale corporate restaurant, team building events etc