ICF (www.icf.com) is a consultancy firm with offices in the UK, Belgium, US and worldwide. At ICF, we help governments, public agencies and international institutions solve complex problems and improve the quality of life of people around the world. We offer critical insight and rigorous analytical techniques to deliver innovative solutions and thought-provoking analyses for our clients.
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigour to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to assist our clients and benefit their constituencies. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
About the team
We are looking for a Consultant or Senior Consultant to join a well-established practice within ICF that develops, analyses and evaluates programmes and policy in the areas of education, training, employment, housing and health and social care, working at UK and EU levels.
About the role
From day one, you will have the opportunity to contribute to a diverse range of projects for the UK Government, the European Commission and a variety of European agencies. From day one, you will have the opportunity to contribute to a diverse range of projects for the UK Government, the European Commission and a variety of European agencies.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- conduct cost benefit and cost effectiveness analyses for evaluations and ex ante impact assessments;
- support econometric analysis, including quasi-experimental impact evaluations;
- support and quality assure quantitative analysis undertaken by other team members;
- liaise with clients on project-related matters;
- contribute to the management of projects;
- produce reports and written work that clearly explain the analysis undertaken and the results generated;
- contribute to proposals though developing methodologies for quantitative analysis, measuring impact and economic analysis.
- Degree / higher degree in economics or a related field with between 3-5 years’ experience
- Experience in one or more of: cost benefit analysis/cost effectiveness analysis (or social return on investment), calculating the economic value of industries / sectors / interventions, policy evaluation and impact assessment.
- Experience of working on topics related to one of: education, training, employment, housing or health and social care.
- A good understanding of these policies at a national and EU level, as well as the key metrics commonly used to evaluate the impacts of programmes in this area.
- Good grasp of the strengths and weaknesses of various quantitative methods, including the methodological challenges of applying these in practice.
- Good quantitative research skills, including the ability to use statistical software such as Stata, SPSS or R.
- Ability to write quickly and to communicate with others in excellent English (additional European languages would be an asset).
Ready to apply?
Interested candidates are invited to follow this link and submit a cover letter and a CV: https://www.icf.com/careers/jobs/1800002203
ICF is a privacy conscious organisation and your trust is paramount to us. Find out here how we use and protect your data.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.icf.com/careers/jobs/1800002203 →