Oversee the production of a portfolio of reports covering a wide range of countries, sectors and indicators.Handle enquiries from the print and electronic media, subscribers and financial market participants / analysts.With the aid of a senior economist, undertake a range of product development initiatives.Provide support to the sales and marketing departments in promoting IHS Markit product lines and commentary. Contribute to separate consultancy projects. Provide support to panel recruitment and retention initiatives.
Education and experience
- First or Upper Second Class degree in Economics, or involving economics as its highest weighted component
- Excellent A-level grades
- A real enthusiasm for economics and strong desire to forge a professional career as an economist
- Self-motivation and application
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite
- Postgraduate qualification in Economics or related subject
- Qualifications exhibiting a high degree of mathematical and/or report writing capabilities
- Formal report-writing training
- Familiarity with SQL and desktop publishing
Assist, where required, with seeking out potential commercial contacts for sponsorship of surveys.
- Can switch between different tasks according to business needs, coping with changing priorities and keeping others informed of possible issues.
- Prioritises own workload, liaising with colleagues for use of shared resources and ensures that tasks are completed to schedule.
- Maintains open and honest relationships with colleagues, building trust and confidence.
Communicates and explains clearly and concisely one to one both verbally and in writing. Feels confident and is professional when communicating by phone.
During the selection and interview process, successful candidates will have exhibited and provided examples of strong teamwork skills from their academic, personal and (where appropriate) work experiences.
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/job.php?id=R3802&source= →