The Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) seeks to transform Singapore into a leading global city of talent, enterprise and innovation. Our mission is to promote economic growth and create good jobs to enable Singaporeans to improve their lives. In MTI, you can expect an exciting, challenging and rewarding career!
You will be part of a team of Economists/Data Scientists involving in research and ascertain emerging issues to inform policy formulation while conveying findings in accessible, visual forms to engage the public more effectively. You will also be responsible in undertaking secretariat work to support the process of identifying emerging topics to be studied by the data analytics unit within the Economics Division (ECD). In your role, you will be formulating strategies and conducting analysis for assigned topics while working closely with the project manager and the Corporate Communication Division Team to convey findings ahead of key events.
- Degree/Masters/PhD in a quantitative discipline: Economics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Engineering, or related disciplines.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in software programming or relevant work experience in technical field
- Strong passion for empirical research and extensive experience solving complex problems using quantitative approaches
- Keen sense in value of data and translation of business objectives into actionable analysis
- Experience working with large real-time datasets
- Good analytical and presentation skills to communicate complex quantitative analysis with clarity and precision
- Proficiency with R, Python, MySQL and relevant visualisation techniques (e.g., Tableau and D3.js)
Applications close: 28 Feb 2018
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://careers.pageuppeople.com/688/cwlive/en/job/520099/economist-data-analytics?source →