Technopolis Group is an international research and consulting organisation with offices throughout Europe and a growing business in emerging economies.
We work for government and public clients at the regional, national and international levels across a number of policy areas, ranging from research and innovation to higher education by way of healthcare and energy / transport.
Our main business is the conduct of policy studies, evaluations and socio-economic impact assessment for various regional, national and international organisations. Clients include the UK government, the European Commission, the OECD and the World Bank. We have grown steadily over the past 25 years and are continuing to expand internationally, with around 120 consulting staff working across nine offices, from Brighton in the UK to Vienna in Austria (www.technopolis-group.com). The UK team is growing strongly, with assignments in new policy domains and geographical markets, along with an intensification in the use of novel data analytics and econometric techniques. We are also opening a small office in central London, and this position could be based in either location.
We are looking for people with at least 3-years’ relevant work experience in a research-based consulting environment, who are bright, judicious and with a strong work ethic. Specifically, candidates should have:
- A higher degree with, at least, a good undergraduate degree in economics
- A good command of quantitative methods (e.g. Cost Benefit Analysis, Cost Effectiveness Analysis, Econometric and / or Statistical analysis, Modelling)
- A good command of statistical software packages (e.g. MS Excel, Stata, R, SQL)
- The ability to write well and to a professional standard, in English
- Self-motivation, intellectual curiosity, an ability to work independently and in international teams
Other desirable attributes include:
- Experience in policy evaluation, and in particular the application of economic methods
- Knowledge of Data Science techniques (e.g. semantic text analysis) and programming (e.g. Python, R)
We are always pleased to hear from international candidates, however you must have the right to work in the UK already, either through citizenship or an appropriate work permit.
What we offer
- Challenging and varied projects conducted in a dynamic work environment
- A pleasant working atmosphere in a small group of (25) analytical professionals, while also being part of a larger international research company with multiple opportunities for international work and travel
- Our main office is in Brighton, a cosmopolitan city on the south coast, with much of the excitement of London just in a more manageable and affordable package
- This will be a permanent position, following the successful completion of a 6-month probationary period
- The position would be full time ideally, but can be part-time for the right candidate, with the potential for some level of flexible working, to fit in with family and other commitments
- A competitive salary and performance-related bonus system, along with 25 holiday days each year, private healthcare and a personal pension
- There are plentiful opportunities for career progression, from both a content perspective and in the area of project management and acquisition responsibilities
- There is also the opportunity for staff to become shareholders
To apply, please email a copy of your CV together with a covering letter explaining your interest in the job, how your skills and experience meet our specific requirements and why you believe you would be a good addition to the Technopolis team via our website.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.technopolis-group.com/contact-the-technopolis-group/careers/vacancy?role=Economist / Policy Consultant, Brighton (closing date: 15 June 2018)&id=91 →