You will be based in the Abu Dhabi or Dubai office, as part of the Middle East Client Capabilities Hub.You will work with clients, consultants and internal teams to analyze large quantities of data, build models and create tools that help clients identify emerging economic trends, and develop insights to guide decision-making.
The role will also involve collaboration with leading international experts, including the McKinsey Global Institute – McKinsey’s internal economics think-tank.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
You will be responsible for the entire analytical process, from outlining the type of solution through implementation, interpretation of results and transferring capabilities to the client or colleagues.In this role, you will develop strong problem solving and consulting skills and build deep expertise within the economic development and macroeconomic modelling space.
You will have the opportunity to broaden your exposure across the full range of capability areas within the team such as macroeconomic modeling, international trade and investment, industry analytics, economic development and urbanization among others.
Working on client projects and exchanging experiences with your colleagues means you will face new intellectual challenges on a daily basis, while continuously building your methodological knowledge and skills.
- Undergraduate or advanced degree (MS or PhD is a plus) in an economics or applied economics or a degree in an analytics field (e.g. statistics,, engineering, etc.)
- 2+ years of work experience preferably with think tanks, research centers, economic modelling departments
- Sound conceptual foundation in statistics and mathematics; quantitative skills and comfort working with advanced analysis techniques is critical
- Knowledge of advanced macroeconomic models; DSGE, CGE, and other econometric models
- Knowledge and practical experience in econometric applications (e.g. Eviews) and advanced analytics-oriented programming languages (e.g. Python, R) is preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in economics, applied economics, econometrics and statistics; specific knowledge or experience in development economics a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent problem solving skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Ability to communicate analytical and technical content in an easy to understand way