As a Principal Analyst in the Cabinet Office Implementation Unit, you will produce high-quality analysis on the implementation of the Prime Minister’s priorities and the wider Government programme. On your portfolio of policies, you will build relationships with analysts across government to monitor policy implementati
Established in 2012, the Implementation Unit is part of the Cabinet Office. The Implementation Unit works on behalf of the Prime Minister, Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster and the Cabinet Secretary to:
- Track the delivery of the PM’s priority policies and the wider Government programme: we do this by working with Departments to ensure they have robust plans with clear objectives, timetables and metrics, monitoring delivery against those plans, providing regular updates to the Prime Minister, and ensuring that the Implementation Task Forces have the information required to track and drive progress on cross-cutting issues.
- Intervene where delivery or operational performance is at risk or progress is unclear: we do this through undertaking targeted projects and reviews (including deep dive reviews) supported by robust analysis and frontline intelligence to understand the progress of delivery, identify barriers to implementation, and develop solutions.
- Strengthen implementation capability across the Civil Service: we do this by modelling good practice in our work, providing training to the professions and departments to increase their understanding and application of our implementation tools and techniques, and through the network of Implementation Units in departments.
The Implementation Unit is looking to recruit Principal Analysts at Band A (G6/7 equivalent). These opportunities are open to external applicants as well as existing civil servants.
Principal Analysts lead analysis across a portfolio of policy areas (including Housing, Health, Migration, Modern Slavery, Justice, Welfare, Employment, Skills, Education and the Industrial Strategy) on behalf of the Implementation Unit, working closely with a team of colleagues and reporting directly to the Chief Analyst or Deputy Chief Analyst. For their policy areas, Principal Analysts are typically expected to:
- Lead analysis for Implementation projects
- Lead relationships with key analysts across government to support implementation of the Prime Minister’s priorities and the wider Government programme
- Contribute to the Implementation Unit and wider Civil Service capability development programme
We’ll assess you against these competencies during the selection process:
- Leader: shows an ability to inspire by driving delivery, including through others
- Communicator: challenges ideas and convinces others to change
- Problem solver: uses analytical and creative problem solving techniques to provide thoughtful, well-timed solution
- Analysis: Suitability for role of Principal Analyst
Pensions: Civil Service pension schemes may be available for successful candidates.
Things you need to know
Security: Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is counter-terrorist check.
Selection process details: Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
Nationality requirements: Open to UK, Commonwealth and European Economic Area (EEA) and certain non EEA nationals. Further information on whether you are able to apply is available here.
Eligibility: Candidates in their probationary period are eligible to apply for vacancies within this department.
Working for the Civil Service: The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission’s recruitment principles.
The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. There is a guaranteed interview scheme (GIS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Apply and further information
Application closing date: February 18th 2018
Sift/interview dates and location
Expected : Selection centre – 5th / 6th March , Presentations – 9th March
See candidate pack, available here
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://cabinetofficejobs.tal.net/vx/appcentre-1/brand-2/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/16/opp/2333-2333-Principal-Analyst-Implementation-Unit/en-GB →