An independent, global think tank, working for a sustainable and peaceful world in which every person thrives.
ODI is an independent, global think tank, working for a sustainable and peaceful world in which every person thrives. We harness the power of evidence and ideas through research and partnership to confront challenges, develop solutions and create change. (odi.org)
About the role
In order to deliver the strategy we are looking to recruit a number of world class experts who will generate ideas, develop evidence and deliver policy implementation. As a Principal Research Fellow you will have a track record of delivering innovative research and policy advice combined with a real passion to translate evidence and ideas into sustainable change.
There are specific two areas where we are looking to add high-level expert capacity on key strategic issues for ODI: finance and technology. In the area of finance, we are particularly looking for someone who can draw together our work on domestic resource mobilisation. On technology, we are looking for someone who can lead cross-institutional work on the potential and consequences for development of increased connectivity, digitalization, and diffusion of other technologies. Both posts will be critical in leading streams of work which will underpin sustainable growth and promote equity. Your track record of team building, leadership, research and thought leadership will be harnessed to influence and leverage multidisciplinary expertise from the network of researchers and associates who make up ODI.
- A post-graduate degree in a related discipline.
- Extensive and deep knowledge of key issues and organisations in international development cooperation, finance and technology, ideally as an internationally recognised expert in the chosen field.
- Fluency in English, and preferably a good command of at least one other language.
- Experience in policy-oriented research, demonstrated by a track record of publications and reports.
- Extensive experience of international development organisations and relevant actors in your area of specialism.
- Extended experience working in a developing-country or emerging-economy context.
- Experience of programme management and the leadership of a research and public affairs portfolio on international development issues.
- Exceptional analytical, writing, organisational and oral communication skills.
- Strong numerical and quantitative skills,
- A demonstrated capacity for policy advisory or public-affairs work, based on an analytical approach, and an innovative and creative communications ability.
- Strong results orientation and proficient project management skills.
- Proven ability to translate research ideas into fundable projects.
- Well established network of policy-makers, parliamentarians, academic institutions, non-governmental organisations and other stakeholders working on development finance issues.
- Excellent communication abilities in relation to a wide variety of audiences.
- Proven skills in negotiation, listening, communication of ideas, problem solving, decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work as part of a team.
- Excellent time management skills, including managing a complex and varied workload.
For more information, download an application pack from our website at odi.org/jobs
If you are experiencing difficulties downloading, phone +44 (0)20 7922 8234 / 0351 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ODI is an equal opportunities employer.
Charity Reg. No. 228248.
Closing date: Friday, 20 July 2018
Interview date: To be confirmed
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://odi.org/jobs →