We are looking for a passionate, data-driven effectiveness professional that is looking for a challenging role in a fast-moving, progressive working environment.The Insight & Analytics function is formed of 4 core areas: consumer analytics, campaign operations, data intelligence and marketing effectiveness. The core purpose of this function is to continually transform data and insight capabilities to drive competitive advantage and real commercial value for Virgin Media. This role sits in the marketing effectiveness team, and would suit an enthusiastic analyst looking to make a step up from their current role.
The Marketing Effectiveness Team Covers Three Key Areas
- Performance reporting
- Forecasting marketing demand
- Marketing measurement and ROI
The team has a pivotal role in establishing optimal marketing budget and channel mix, defining demand forecasts and ensuring the business has a relevant and robust understanding of trading performance.Through 2018, the team will be delivering a key strategic project for Virgin Media: defining customer lifetime value and optimising ROI across key business levers: marketing, sales and commercial.This role is core to delivering the Marketing Measurement & ROI programme, focusing on the development of both internal and partner econometric solutions. You’ll be an econometrics expert, well versed in delivering commercially valuable and relevant modelling solutions in a complex business environment.The Econometric Sales modelling is central to the ROI measurement framework: this measures ROI across the business, including marketing, commercial, sales and retail channels. This means establishing the volume impact through robust modelling, working with a partner agency to deliver this.Modelling of Demand metrics (calls/visits) will be fulfilled internally by you and the team. This is an essential input into business planning and forecasts, ensuring we provide an accurate view of both weekly and monthly volumes on a 12 month horizon.The role also manages forecasting and optimisation solutions, ensuring accuracy in scenario planning and forecasting tool delivery, as well as working closely with stakeholders to provide optimisation scenarios.Routine reporting and insight generation are agile and incisive in this role, and ensure that any changes to expected performance are identified and diagnosed within timeframes that enable marketing, financial and commercial planning decisions to be made confidently.
- Deliver the econometrics part of the Measurement & ROI programme – working with both partner agencies and internal resource to source, analyse and leverage multiple data sources
- The goal is the robust definition of ROI across the business. Key to this is creating and embedding processes and procedures that efficiently deliver the econometrics programme
- Project manage each quarterly sales and demand econometric modelling update with support from two internal econometricians
- Key point of contact for agency partner supporting the sales modelling programme. Partner with senior agency lead and deliver updates according to tight timelines.
- Ensure data manipulation, processing and all modelling is of the highest quality – define, gather and stress test inputs from data gathering through to delivery
- Ensure models are accurate with robustness across a range of diagnostics – attention to detail is essential
- Deliver internal models for Demand KPIs, coaching and leading two econometricians – the goal is to deliver long-range forecasts for business/resource planning, as well as supporting short and long-term forecasting of marketing demand KPIs via marketing mix modelling output
- Manage the creation and update of all demand forecasting and sales/demand optimisation tools
- Engage and communicate across the business: key to successful delivery and driving future value is internal stakeholder buy-in – managing full engagement with a breadth of internal stakeholders is therefore a key accountability. These include Finance, Commercial, Marketing, Strategy and Sales
- Develop output that is actionable and credible, and can be used to make key business decisions
- Communicate compelling insight and recommendations to a range of audiences, including senior non-technical stakeholders, and develop strong relationships with stakeholders – a key aspect to this role
Required Skills And Experience
- 3+ years’ experience gained in a marketing and econometrics environment – using complex modelling solutions to drive tangible commercial value
- Real expert in econometrics and its associated outputs and tools – able to deliver modelling solutions as well as excel-based tools that bring the models to life (forecasting/scenario planning/optimisation)
- High level of commercial acumen and experience is essential – you will know how to effectively navigate and drive change in a complex organisation
- Aligned with this, significant experience and success in running commercially focused and data dependent projects – with strong knowledge of marketing and media planning
- Excellent stakeholder management and consultative skills. Proven experience of operating to
Senior level but equally able to adapt style to different audiences – excellent presentation and communication skills
We’re a great place to work – and we offer impressive benefits too! You will get a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, performance related bonus and, of course, discounts across Virgin Media products ad Virgin brands!We embody the principles of what it is like to be part of the Virgin family. We are a collaborative bunch, and like to be a place where ideas and new ways of working can be forged.Come and be a part of something special.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://virginmedia.avature.net/ExternalCareers/ApplicationMethods?jobId=6071&aid=18249&source →