An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Economist to join PPMG, in order to deliver expertise in the field of economics in relation to the operational landscape of the Investment Office.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Provide comment on various issues for financial publications.
- Co-ordinate and write agreed house positions for such purposes financial publications.
- Conduct economic studies, interprets and projects economic trends and develops business and economic forecasts.
- Studies and evaluates economic conditions and market trends.
- Work closely with research and portfolio management staff to develop the firms overall investment strategy and asset allocation guidelines.
- Support the Asset Allocation process.
- Support the fund management process by:
Tracking key economic indicators, including monetary and fiscal policy in key countries and regions globally.
- Undertaking ad hoc in depth studies of current economic and policy issues.
- Support the reporting process
- Contribute to the creation of economic outlook and strategy summaries for quarterly investment reports for clients.
- Provide support in communicating PPMG views with key internal and external clients.
What we are looking for:
You will be a financial market economist with a university degree in economics, or relevant finance qualifications such as CFA. It is essential for you to have a proven track record in the practical application of economic perspectives to asset allocation decisions, or a related field. As well as this, you must have a strong interest and practical experience of global economic and market trends. Strong prior practical experience in an economist/strategy role at a bank, asset management or insurance company or similar practical financial markets experience, is also important. You will have good analytical skills, as this role will hold a large degree of regular and ad hoc work that involves marshalling data and facts into a clear and concise economic / market view. You must also possess excellent written / verbal communication skills and good IT skills, in Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Knowledge of Bloomberg, Haver and Datastream is also highly beneficial.
PPMG is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://careers.mandg.com/cw/en/job/496398/senior-economist →